Oncology nurses care for patients undergoing treatment for cancer, they can work in community, clinic, and hospital settings. The roles and duties of an oncology nurse include: administering oral or IV medications including chemotherapy and immunotherapy, monitoring and assessing patients for side effects and providing education and support to patients and family, coordinating tests, treatments and care within the multi-disciplinary team. Oncology nurses work across a diverse range of ages and stages of the disease, from children to elderly, newly diagnosed to palliative patients.
Nurses in this field require advanced education and training in the safe handling of substances like chemotherapy and radiation along with advanced skills in intravenous therapy. They can become a certified Oncology Nurse and can also further specialize in areas including:
- Bone marrow transplantation
- Breast Oncology
- Gynecologic oncology
- Genetic counseling
- Radiation oncology
- Surgical oncology
Oncology Nurse Organizations & Certifications
- Oncology Certified Nurse (ONC®)
- Certified Pediatric Hematology Oncology Nurse (CPHON®)
- Certified Breast Care Nurse (CBCN®)
- Blood and Marrow Transplant Certified Nurse (BMTCN®)
- Oncology Nursing Society (ONS)
- International Society of Nurses in Cancer Care
- Society of Gynecologic Nurse Oncologists
- Association of Pediatric Hematology Oncology Nurses
- Oncology Nursing Foundation
How it Works
Tell us via phone, email, or using the online form below, details on your case. Do you require a nurse with specialty training, experience, or certificates? Case details including conflicts and search parameters help refine the search and provide the best possible match.
We will send you two to three expert CVs for review. You are welcome to speak to the experts directly before making your final selection.
Once a retainer agreement is signed with Expert Witness Nurses the expert will start working on your case. The expert will collaborate directly with you for medical records and providing their report. Expert Witness Nurses will coordinate invoicing of the expert’s hours, including the retainer invoice and monthly invoicing as required.
Get personalized assistance in locating expert witnesses by calling (800) 505-9847 or fill out the form below to start your search.
Finding the BEST nurse expert witness to support your medical legal case has never been easier.
- Access to thousands of qualified testifying nurses
- Over 150 nursing specialties
- Procure the BEST nurse to support your case
- Turn-key invoicing, medical record handling and communication with expert services
- No finders fee