Pediatric Nurse Expert Witness
A pediatric nurse works across all areas of healthcare, with a focus and specialized training and experience in the care of children.
Pediatric nurses know how to talk to children who are sick, in pain and may not be able to communicate what is wrong. They understand that a child’s body is growing and changing and reacts differently to illness, injury, and medications. Nurses in this area also spend a lot of time educating and caring for the pediatric patient’s parents and understand that having a sick or injured child can be a parent’s worst nightmare.
Areas that pediatric nurses work with children can include school, community, outpatient facilities, and inpatient facilities. In the hospital, this can range from the oncology ward to the emergency department and ICU. Pediatric nurses are not only specialized in pediatrics but can be specialized in a sub-specialty such as critical care.
Associations and Certifications
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Society of Pediatric Nurses (SPN)
- Association of Pediatric Hematology Oncology Nurses (APHON)
- The National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP)
- National Association of School Nurses (NASN)
- American Pediatric Surgical Nurses Association (APSNA)
- Association of Faculties of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (AFPNP)
- Association of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition Nurses (APGNN)
- Society of Pediatric Cardiovascular Nurses (SPCN)
- Pediatric Endocrinology Society (PENS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) Pediatric
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
Our featured Pediatric nurse experts
Expert 2785 – this expert has been a registered nurse since 1986 and has been working in the pediatric emergency room since 1997 and adult emergency room patients since the beginning of her care. She is a certified emergency room nurse, with specialized certifications in pediatric care. Our expert has testified twice at trial and over fifteen times at deposition, she is currently living and working in Lakewood, Colorado. To read more on this expert click here.
Expert 7533 – this expert has been a registered nurse since 2012 and has experience in many pediatric areas including special care nursery, PICU, NICU, surgical, oncology and inpatient psychiatric. She is currently working in labor and delivery. She is currently living and working in Graham, WA.
How it Works
You tell us about the type of nurse you need and details about the case, then we'll search our extensive database to find the BEST expert for your case. The expert will provide a verbal or written report and be available for deposition and trial testimony.
Get personalized assistance in locating expert witnesses by calling (800) 505-9847 or fill out the form below to start your search.
- Access to thousands of qualified testifying nurses
- Over 150 nursing specialties
- Procure the BEST nurse to support your case
- Turn-key invoicing, medical record handling and communication with expert services
- No finders fee