Operating Room Nurse Expert Witnesses
We connect you with qualified testifying nurses
An operating room (OR) or perioperative nurse is a nurse who assesses, implements interventions and manages patients being prepped for surgery, during surgery and post-surgery. They can work in a hospital setting, surgical center or day surgery center and can specialize in different surgical areas such as thoracic, neurological, orthopaedic, endoscopy, etc. and provide care to adults and children. OR nurses work closely with surgeons, anaesthesiologists, nurse anaesthetists, surgical technologists, and nurse practitioners.
Nurses in this field have specialized training in one or more of the following areas: pre-operative, intra-operative (scrub nurse/circulating nurse), RN first assist, post-operative and post-anesthesia recovery. An advanced practice RN can also have advanced training to practice as a nurse anesthetist.
Nurses in this specialty can provide reports and give testimony on all aspects of the standard of care in these areas including but not limited to: overall care of the patient before, during and after surgery, safe equipment and instrument use, sterile procedures, documentation of procedures and more. The OR nurse’s role is critical for safe patient care and their assessments are vital in stabilizing and discharging patient’s post-surgery.
Operating Room Nurse Organizations & Certifications
- CNOR for perioperative RNs
- CRNFA for First Assistants who assist the surgeon
- Association of perioperative Registered Nurses
- American Society of PeriAnesthesia Nurses
- The International Federation of Perioperative Nurses (IFPN)
- American Pediatric Surgical Nurses Association, Inc.
- International Perioperative Nursing Associations (INMO)
Is your Law firm looking for a Operating Room Nurse Expert Witness?
Expert Witness Nurses connects law firms with quality testifying nurses across the US.
How it Works
You tell us about the type of nurse you need and details about the case, then we'll search our extensive database to find the BEST expert witness for your case. The expert will review the medical records, provide a verbal or written report, and be available for deposition and trial testimony.
Get personalized assistance in locating expert witnesses by calling (800) 505-9847 or fill out the form below to start your search.
- Access to thousands of qualified testifying nurses
- Over 150 nursing specialties
- Procure the BEST nurse to support your case
- Turn-key invoicing, medical record handling and communication with expert services
- No finders fee